"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught" ~ Oscar Wilde
I began pre-school sometime between 1988 and 1989.
First day of 2nd grade I declared that one day I would be a teacher.
I finished sixth grade in 1998.
Promoted from middle school in 2000.
December 20, 2007 I graduated with my AA from Cypress College.
I received my BA in Communication Sciences and Disorders from CSU, Chico on May 23, 2010.
June 5, 2011 I began the journey towards my Education Specialist Credential and MA in Education.
August 10, 2011 I had my first day as a teacher (student teacher, but it counts!)
And now, in less than one week, I will walk across a stage with friends that have become family and be recognized as a newly credentialed teacher...a few short days after that I will have my first interview for a position in a school district with my very own classroom.
How did this happen?
Where did the time go?
Is it possible to be in this place and still feel completely prepared yet unprepared all at the same time?
I've learned so much in what feels like a little amount of time. The least of which being what I was actually studying in school. I feel like I'm continuously learning to trust and walk each day out one step at a time.
It's funny how the most important lessons have been the ones about loving well and living with purpose. I've learned that the friends God put in my life in this season are so crazy invaluable and that the future is so unknown that it's insanity to try to get ahold of what it might look like.
As I prepare to leave school for the last time as a student, I know for a fact my learning won't ever stop. I'm so incredibly blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment