Tuesday, February 7, 2012

learning...

We are continuously learning. As we grow up the world around us teaches us new and amazing exciting things every day.  We learn who loves us and we learn what decisions we should and shouldn't make.  Being a teacher, learning is even more so on my mind.  As I sat alone in my room today after a long day at work I realized what God has for me to learn in the season I'm in.

Contentedness 


I'm learning to just be.  To be content when I'm alone and when I'm surrounded by people.  When I'm with one friend to enjoy just being with that person.

What I really wanted today, was to see a friend.  To get a hug and be told that I can do it.  What I got was some "me" time.  something I don't do well.  AT ALL.

My initial, internal response was to be grumpy.  To feel the woe is me "this isn't fair" feeling and to wallow until I got my way.  Not to say I didn't do a bit of that.  Once I left my personal putty party though I cuddled up in my amazing bed with a cozy blanket and just was.

I will see people I love later tonight.  I will get that hug, and could probably even finagle some much-needed encouragement.  But for now.  Right now.  I'm going to enjoy this time.  My blanket, computer and glass of good wine.  Maybe even a bit of homework.  Either way, however uncomfortable being alone with myself is, I am learning minute by minute to be content with me.  And I think I'm going to like this.

What is God teaching you this week?  My search for contentedness seems to be lasting longer than just a week, so really what is God teaching you this month or year?   He's got some good things in the works; I can just feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment