Saturday, October 29, 2011

October...

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a  bird I would fly about the earth seeking successive autumns." - George Eliot




October is a pretty fantastic month!  I never though I'd say that, but this year has been one of the best ever.  My school district had the first week as intercession which was fabulous for long, lazy days with friends and refreshing from the hectic semester thus far.  
October 7 was my friend Andrea's birthday...it was also Oktoberfest at the brewery in town.  We started our celebration with sushi (appropriate, right?) for lunch before heading to the German festivities.  It was fun to have a nice, quiet lunch just us girls.  Andrea and I teach together and are in the same crazy program so having some down time together to just be friends is nice. 

We took the tram from downtown Chico to the brewery where a big, white tent had been set up in the hops field.  The brewery threw an Oktoberfest that fixed my longing to be home in Anaheim at the Phoenix Club [still missed the family] the sights and sounds were fantastic.  Glass blowing, polka music, and a fabulous dinner were just some of the amazing parts of the evening.  
We even got to meet the owner of Sierra Nevada!  He was wearing a super fantastic shirt with hops on it, and he was nice enough to stop to take a picture with us and tell Andrea "Happy Birthday!"  It was a fantastic evening with good friends after a crazy busy week in each of our classrooms.  We can be a kind of funky bunch but I'm so blessed by the people in my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment