Sunday, June 5, 2011

It's All a Part of the Adventure...

This week has had new adventures to say the least...some exciting, some rather humorous...
  • first time using my very own microwave (hooray big kid purchase)
  • learning how to plunge a toilet [made necessary by a sweet friend who shall remain anonymous] 

I've been slowly settling into my new studio apartment and am still loving it and as excited as I was last time I posted; it's small but just enough space for me.
curtains in the kitchen!
  I love my orange wall, and aside from still needing curtains in the main section of the room, I'm getting pretty well settled.  I can hear my upstairs neighbor walking and his cats playing which may annoy some people but is a comfort to this city girl who grew up in a townhouse.  
my baby tomato plant!
It's nice to know I control my space but am close enough to people who love me that it's still safe and secure.  I know I'm here for a reason; it's starting to feel more like home than any of my other places in Chico.  


Along with a new apartment comes some new adventures right?  Only natural.  I had a friend over on Thursday who came out of the bathroom and sheepishly announced that she had clogged the toilet and was very sorry.  First thought: oh, crap!  literally.  
I got the plunger and gave it a good couple of trys, nothing.  Texted Logan to see if he'd come check it out; he did and said it should probably sit for a while.  We went to market to give it some time, hoped it would be easier to deal with when we got home.  It wasn't, so we called in reinforcements from the main house who handled it with three plunges (or whatever they're called). It was an adventure; I learned to plunge a toilet from one of the best, and now I know to announce that it's a low flow toilet that needs to be held down when you flush.  So...just in case you ever come over: hold the handle down when you flush!

No comments:

Post a Comment