Tuesday, April 5, 2011

You don't always have to understand...

Women's retreats = scary.  Or that's what I used to think.  God has changed my view on retreats and women's ministry as a whole...and I'm so thankful!  

The weekend of March 25, 26, 27th the ladies of my church went on a women's retreat...to Challenge, Ca...Woodleaf in particular.  It was well planned out by some amazing women and over 100+ women were signed up to attend...and we all knew in our hearts that God had some BIG BIG BIG things planned.  We arrived at camp on Friday to a bunch of snow and rain with a forecast of rain for the rest of the weekend...no big deal right?  We began the weekend as planned with some minor changes; nothing we couldn't manage...we're WARRIORS!  Apparently that forecast of rain was a bit mistaken...we woke up to this:  
 A fabulous winter wonderland...at the end of March (in California).  We lost power twice before noon and had to quickly adapt to the weather changes, but God maintained a joyful spirit and a fun atmosphere throughout the time there. All of this to say: we had an amazing time.  We ended up needing to go home due to loss of power and weather uncertainties; and some of the cars looked like this:                                      


I didn't understand.  I thought God had big plans; He had promised big things and had already done so much...
Little did I know how big his plans really were.  We finished retreat back at the church.  Just as we planned, only back in Chico instead of Challenge.  More women were able to come and the worship and speaker were amazing.  God's presence fell so hard in that place it was undeniable.  ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!  I got so much clarity on who I am and how my Papa sees me it's awesome!  

My learning opportunity from the weekend: 
God is a good Papa
  • He loves his children
  • He has a plan (even when we can't understand)
  • sometimes when He closes a door (or allows a snow covered mountain) He's got something so much better planned
  • I don't always have to understand the "right now" moments; I may think I understand or need all the details, but His plans are so much bigger and better than I could have ever imagined and if I sit and wait on Him the blessings will be so astounding...
  • He truly loves us and wants the best for us!  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment