Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Learning to be me...


I am a daughter, sister, cousin, friend, coworker, babysitter...the list goes on and on.  I wear so many hats from day to day, and I go by many different names: Megan, Meg, MeaMea(if you're super special) Ms. White...and most recently Miss Meggie.  A two year old who loves me a whole lot gave me this most recent name which has become so beloved to me.  He started speaking and immediately I was Meggie!  He knows that I love him a lot and he sees me at my best and sometimes at my worst; but he loves me just the same.  My other names have years and years of history attached to them and they are all the same person at the core; but this one has stirred something within me.  




I am on a journey.  I have been since I moved 500 miles from everything I've ever known, but most recently the journey has taken a fun twist.  I'm discovering who I am and what I was made for.  I'm getting ready to start co-teaching in a classroom and moving closer to my career.


I have begun to discover who I am in the world but also (more importantly) who I am in God.  I'm excited for the road ahead and can't wait to look back at the crazy awesome adventures I get to go on as I'm learning to trust and walk in relationship with the Lover of My Soul.   


I'm learning to find beauty in simplicity and laughter through heartbreak...it's going to be a good ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment